查看: 1171|回复: 0

[招聘信息] Special Event Program Manager

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-9-3 15:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Recreation Officer I
2 z7 f" f+ H! F* W$ XRequisition Number: 1817) }( F$ v$ [& ~

3 Z4 h% K. l4 j6 W; b8 oPosted On:  Aug 26, 2008  & K) r) G; J  B3 B( T* f6 A$ v

9 L8 k4 B. `: S4 }, cClosing Date - 11:59pm on:  Sep 13, 2008   - |+ R9 k  J# f" O& h( U
, H' V5 C- E, G- o' X+ q* F
Union:  CSU 52, e' J4 H+ a/ t& o8 s! q

& J% a8 V1 @3 k6 b$ ?/ tNumber of Openings (up to):  1 - Permanent Full-time 9 I& `1 w$ M1 O( E

* p6 N7 _5 i% `1 k) T2 V9 c" GDepartment:  Programs & Events Section (Community Services Department)
' {- M3 Y3 G8 ?, x0 `1 m8 j  |   p5 M# l( Q+ f9 F
Work Location(s):          Muttart Conservatory, 9626 - 96A Street
6 Q4 m8 C4 X& t' g" v" P' CKinsmen Sports & Fitness Centre, 9100 Walterdale Hill
: y8 [- o2 I) e/ r% x! S
5 |4 [* n8 J; o3 q$ C. j. C9 CDescription
# E* R* {7 @. h  w7 Y4 j8 }1 J: w7 n/ w1 s
This is a Full Time Permanent Position.
3 e% W  n9 i- @- l5 d" Q- N, f * ]3 `; G. ]" q$ y
In this Recreation Officer I position, you will research, plan and coordinate the implementation, supervision, evaluation and related administrative tasks for Special Events within the Programs and Events Section of the Recreation Facility Services Branch.  Responsibilities will include: - i3 c( o7 S2 R, u7 p0 M
•        Researching, planning and coordinating the implementation, supervision and evaluation of Special Events within the Recreation Facility Services Branch, with a particular emphasis on Attractions Facilities including Fort Edmonton Park, Valley Zoo and Muttart Conservatory.
8 D3 e+ U0 @  {* _0 a$ C$ @•        Supporting and promoting Special Event development for programs throughout the Branch.
: c- S1 g# S7 L" Y•        Developing and implementing action plans to meet objectives, department mandates and Branch outcomes.
, }$ D% ]4 b4 ?•        Collaborating with internal clients to ensure consistency and efficiencies in service delivery.+ C8 O& t: D$ L7 K) X8 l9 D
•        Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and community partners to ensure successful delivery of designated Special Events within the community and facilities.* H9 ]& u& l1 w' |+ s
•        Researching and evaluating empirical data prior to planning Special Events.. U) a) _" @$ |
•        Ensures appropriate follow-up on all customer concerns and comments regarding Special Events.
2 Q& y/ G2 ?3 p' y& ?- p•        Providing professional advice and direction to internal and external clients in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of events within the Branch.
3 C3 d7 W1 I- g- \6 B+ L3 L- r•        Interpreting and explaining department and facility policy and procedures concerning grants, special events needs assessments, leases or arrangements and personal services contracts.3 V1 M$ F% o( h
•        Developing market plan processes, resource materials, annual budgets, and strategies to the area of Special Event delivery.4 N' L" A; Q' }8 C/ Z" H6 ^: C
•        Develops resources in the area of Special Events.- e0 w, b! }/ `6 U
•        Directing staff and volunteers, including selection, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition.) ^& p2 u0 ]/ M7 j$ j1 \. G
•        Writing reports and recommending policy as directed by supervisor.
# O7 A9 H$ K7 x4 b! D•        Develops and manages an annual budget for the Special Events area.
! e- i4 J, e, D; H+ G•        Collecting, maintaining and evaluating performance measures as directed by the Branch/Section outcomes.
/ B- g0 p) \" E•        Assessing needs and/or market plan data and directing the implementation of direct or indirect co-sponsored programs and services.* m/ U! w' D- u' }
•        Preparing preliminary press releases, public presentations and internal communication materials.
, @- j) t+ I! e$ H6 j•        Establishing and maintaining an inventory of all materials, equipment and resources within the Special Events unit./ t5 Q9 D% i$ r8 E, B7 h2 w5 r
•        Researching grant and sponsorship sources and opportunities to assist in the costs of special events delivery.
: V6 i/ u' z3 v$ w' s. N•        Performing related work as required.
9 M, ~0 s  O$ t2 f5 Q2 b
4 e3 q  I2 A/ b) i' |4 J, b" PJob Requirements 7 w8 Y9 {) ^+ o, R$ C7 q1 @+ l/ Y( Z, y
4 W) v+ g/ Y  d- a. d8 g5 ^& c
•        Bachelor's Degree in Recreation Administration or other relevant discipline (e.g. Education, Physical Education) and a minimum of three (3) years experience in the field of community recreation with a demonstrated ability in Special Event development and delivery.! \+ p5 w; G/ ^# I$ O5 h
•        Sound knowledge of processes for managing special events and developing, implementing and evaluating programs.3 j. g7 @2 D& V# v2 Q
•        A demonstrated ability to work independently in both thought and action, in research, consulting, issue identification, collaborative governance, leadership and problem solving.
2 {; q% V7 f3 r3 V9 Y•        Excellent coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills.2 r5 D4 J( n  v% c( H0 g3 D
•        Ability to work effectively with volunteers and partner groups.
. I  p) A& p" Y2 P7 p2 N•        Ability to work under limited supervision. 1 Q5 i. Y5 o  |+ U0 x2 i3 C
•        Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.& L+ C4 J8 R" q2 @7 |
•        Applicants will be required to arrange their own transportation and where appropriate will be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy. This may require the applicant to obtain business use auto insurance.
" w6 i7 G9 [/ ^+ L: L( b•        Valid Drivers License, Standard First Aid and CPR, and CLASS Program Registration and Facility Booking are assets.
5 `; v) c9 w0 y& a- bNOTE:9 R$ J2 l' A3 L9 i) x) I; c
•        A security clearance is a condition of employment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Security Clearance letter from the Edmonton Police Service or local RCMP detachment that is satisfactory to the City of Edmonton. 5 g1 _3 k: K1 x" g$ a1 a; H
•        Applicants may be tested.5 w8 L* L5 n! P1 l3 C
. B9 B$ p! X% ?; @0 G  y
HOURS OF WORK:  33.75 hours per week.  Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.1 q7 P6 g4 L9 G
2 [. b& j  l+ I6 `% b0 R
SALARY RANGE:  21M, Salary Grade: 019, $27.296 - $34.310 (Hourly), $1,842.48 - $2,315.93 (Biweekly), $48,088.73 - $60,445.64 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.     KC/JZ
& X+ M6 o- H9 s5 L% h, ?* t+ x0 X0 M, B' S, a! I
To apply online and for further details, visit www.edmonton.ca/careers  & ]3 ], H& w. T( E  F8 n+ R7 K, M
Applications can also be faxed to (780) 496-8063 or submitted in the drop-off box at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB, T5J 2R7.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-16 01:32 , Processed in 0.118354 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.