注册
查看: 1172|回复: 0

有人愿意带孩子参加这个研究吗?

[复制链接]
鲜花(14) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2015-4-17 13:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
大家好!
, \* F  Z+ Q  I9 f$ s* `我们研究室的一个博士生在做婴儿如何学会说话方面的研究,分别在孩子6个月、9个月、12个月时,与孩子见面,一起玩一些游戏,同时录像,然后回来分析录像。
- J' e/ A- t8 C她已经联系了20多个孩子,还需要更多孩子的数据。- b# t- t2 h7 Y* X( K; ?: O
如果有妈妈对这个研究感兴趣的话,可以和她联系。谢谢!2 \! ]) M2 C" j( M6 Y8 P* d
Poliana, (780) 492-0036
! Z. b/ |2 b. E% y' E' epoliana@ualberta.ca
2 L/ u. o! Q% z! ^8 W  E& ^1 v0 c' Z$ q' u0 u2 a) Q$ Q
以下是一些详细信息:
! Y1 ?  a. t& \6 CDear Parent or Guardian,7 w9 ^, y/ t. A  \) V- j2 d7 e- C6 v& _
I am Elena Nicoladis, a researcher at the University of Alberta. With graduate student Poliana Barbosa, I
1 E4 x  ]+ s( C  F! S7 T. C6 ~3 vam conducting a study titled, “Language, Self-Recognition and Attachment Development: Possible pathways”,4 _% h1 _. a' H7 v* V. l, {
concerning babies between 6- and 18- months of age. The purpose of the study is to understand how language and8 e5 H3 e) E) V* c  R' d
attachment are related. For example, we want to know if babies that are good at relating to people around them
! t8 l; R- D, Z  @( a, \will acquire language earlier and faster.+ `- p+ S2 K0 q( C( o0 C
, h& \5 E3 j+ R" ?- k, b3 c9 Q
In order to find out, we will videotape you and your baby during a free play situation for approximately0 ^; }+ A; D- S+ j! U) |  f* x2 R
30 minutes, at 6, 9, and 12 months of age. We know that babies are unpredictable so if you would like us to stop
% j" \' q- L8 Y: evideotaping even after we have arrived, we will do so immediately. We can either reschedule for another day or
! |9 m) h7 @1 h+ Z  w( l5 esimply skip this visit. Every visit, we will ask if we may contact you again for the next visit’s videotaping: you7 }# ~( l5 q* k, |/ u1 @
may say no at any time. In the video we will look for cues your baby might use in order to learn words. If your
$ Z+ I. ?! ^, }' j  f+ u$ k9 Zbaby starts speaking before 12 months, we will note down the words used.0 k: R5 J8 |9 V* M- e0 w+ L
) |9 Z: P# a! p2 m3 r5 E
At 6, 9 and 12 months, we will also ask you to fill out a brief questionnaire with infants’ common
! ^+ K# e) ~' G, bbehaviors. You will chose in a scale from 1 to 7 those behaviors that are more descriptive of your baby (7) and
) v; K; p/ s6 ?* S. S5 Lthose that a least descriptive (1). This should last about 15 minutes.
/ U! S" a% _2 b2 d: Y
* w. v$ k, t9 }% a, G: @0 F$ sStarting in the age of 9 months, we you ask you to take note of any word your baby might spontaneously
' O% |1 n6 ], A) Sproduce. And at 9, 12 and 18 months of age, we will ask you to mark from a list of words any words your baby
4 |  o8 ]! ]1 M  g/ iknows. We will also give you index cards with infants’ common behaviors and ask you to sort them according to
# g) W* P/ M, |2 p7 g8 H7 zthose behaviors that are more like your baby’s own behaviors. It should take around 30 minutes.
+ b  {( u6 g- x- L2 l+ o$ _0 c3 b. ?1 G- i' |8 s, l
Finally, at 12 and 18 months we will measure your son/daughter language through a standard test. In this,5 c( z' I" G/ `2 l. h+ {1 G6 K5 \
the child will basically point to pictures and nominate objects.
. }! V+ c1 G. h. s1 c3 R! I& D: @8 X+ ?1 n
The entire study will take maximum twelve months. You will receive a DVD with all the recordings done
# I; j' d# v. b( nover the course of the study. In the future, we would like to visit you and your baby one more time, when he/she* P: n6 ?1 K2 n: E2 q" W- w- }
is 24-month old, when we will measure the child’s vocabulary and language development. This last session will
! d3 M. E9 K( W7 Ktake about 30 minutes. If we may contact you to see if you are willing to do this follow-up session, please indicate5 U5 l! {* @0 ~5 d' c
on the next page. If we contact you later on, you may always decide that you no longer wish to participate.
5 f+ M  |0 i6 K/ G6 _0 ZAs a default, all videos and computer files are only accessible to those involved in the research. The data1 U* z3 f# U/ x! f# m7 Y* k
are stored in a room at the University, with access limited to lab personnel. If you are willing to allow us to show
. x4 ]7 U( [7 X9 _1 r) Pvideo clips of you and your baby to scientific audiences, please indicate on the next page. No names will be used
3 t" x% o1 F. m& g$ p& J, o& L8 jin the storing or presenting of information, only codes. The data will be kept for a minimum of five years and
8 ?- C* b& d- M# W2 g) ?, B1 h( Ddestroyed when no longer in use. The anonymous coded results will be used for research articles, presentations,
% m1 }! H" C: C2 {' g5 V& J* P1 _and teaching. Research assistants will comply with the University of Alberta Standards for the Protection of2 C. u+ c; ?& |( S" b
Human Research. You are also able to end participation at any time up until we publish the results in scientific
. E; I9 K8 @* ~$ d0 g! o) [% }/ Ljournals without any repercussions. It is worth to noticed that there is no direct benefits or risks to both the child
( R. Q9 N- e) u5 z, i. Cand the parents participating in this study.1 F% c; F% x) v/ D( Q
9 b5 Y# q. e: b8 o
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your rights as a participant, or how this study is being
; {, s& M4 }! s* r# T3 J9 q. Q2 iconducted, you may contact the University of Alberta's Research Ethics Office at 780-492-2615. This office has7 @. W2 B; z% j0 ?% q( R
no affiliation with us.
! ]" e/ y5 _# h" N& D
+ D# s) F3 n% A6 ?  z8 G* \" p5 {If you agree to participate and to allow your child to participate, please sign the permission slip on the
# L1 m3 i1 g2 _! y) pnext page. You are welcome to keep this letter for your records. If you have any questions, our contact
# W5 G9 I9 u) k; F$ X( Yinformation is provided. Feel free to contact us at any time.
  ?9 O& A% h0 a+ ~+ m( \9 C4 [1 t1 @) F. a1 l( S+ L% w
Thank you for your consideration,: c8 S  X' ^- }! k" c: t$ m

0 c* [: V) Y, S. {Dr. Elena Nicoladis, PhD
  a0 Q, Z5 N2 [$ ?(780) 492-0124& E( o1 E/ n5 u
elenan@ualberta.ca
# t) l; X( s7 i# b3 t% k+ |: a( n$ i0 |, z( x* ]  S
Poliana G. Barbosa, PhD student) L5 c5 l/ `5 H1 q9 o0 U9 h
(780) 492-0036
0 S% T- N; R  T( {$ |' spoliana@ualberta.ca
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-25 12:01 , Processed in 0.188367 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, APC On.