[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-1-3 23:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Alberta businesses bullish on growth in 2006
! P! r5 j% ~+ f7 n" Z5 k9 c/ s  t" [+ Q3 N# Y
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 “Edmonton Journal"
# w2 p$ G" P2 g1 C( w5 v( ~& Z( f
根据ATB Financial的最近进行的调查,大多数阿尔伯塔的公司在今年的第一季度将会雇佣更多的人员。该公司副总认为石油业的兴旺将会持续带动经济发展,在制造业,建筑业和运输业的需求都会增长。对阿尔伯塔人来说,最好的消息就是强劲的就业市场,今年第一季度的用人需求让人乐观。令人惊奇的是,省内所有地区都得益于油砂行业。8 I* r/ P* U6 ~

/ \1 K$ r0 X; ^7 r3 X4 ~Most Alberta businesses are expected hire more people because of sizzling growth in the first-quarter this year, according to a business sentiments survey conducted for ATB Financial.; Q. j  q9 i) Z0 L' z+ V% G! K; c

+ [4 p; S; C  l" M9 m9 u' M3 e: y"The oil and gas sector is expected to continue to drive the economy in this quarter, with manufacturing, construction, and transportation and warehousing riding the wave of demand from the oilsands," said Bob Ascah, vice-president at ATB Financial.
9 {' q* ?9 L) p: |* |9 b
1 s5 A+ Q+ ]  S" d: i4 R$ PMany firms surveyed said increased growth will be reflected in employment growth. The survey also found that some businesses believe the only limitation on their growth will be the availability of labour.
1 M# s. g) U' |/ C  S% k
6 ^/ h- J9 z: \' U. I0 e& f  B: sThe survey was conducted by the Western Centre for Economic Research at the University of Alberta School of Business.
. A' G/ q! |8 A! h1 }1 p" x" N
7 x. L1 o( G2 oIt included questions about hiring intentions.
7 ?( ], ?' Z. K3 k"For all Albertans, the big news is strong employment," said Ascah. "Hiring intentions for the quarter remain strong, with oil and gas expecting the strongest growth in employment and manufacturing a close second." He said the outlook is positive for this quarter, with indications of accelerated growth in some sectors. "The biggest surprise was the strength in all regions of the province." he said. "Both northern and southern Alberta are benefiting from the oilsands."* R! L, F$ m2 U2 n5 S
This quarter, the Business Sentiments Index was 149.7, representing vigorous expectation of expansion in the Alberta economy over the next three months. The index is calculated using the difference between the number of positive answers and the number of negative answers.
: x# ^& l6 v1 M
7 v" Y0 i  H: ^" o( i"The higher the value of the index the stronger is the sentiment for expansion," said Ted Chambers, the business professor responsible for the survey.  e6 \/ f: Q7 P5 `8 [" h0 s
The poll was conducted Nov. 15 to Nov. 21. A representative sample of more than 300 Alberta businesses in key industries were interviewed by telephone. With a sample of this size, the results are considered accurate to within 5.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
6 b) w9 S) u& B6 w# _Results were broken down into the following sectors:6 D  W+ S' Q5 u% N  `2 U
) u: G9 X5 n$ N# F/ u- F
Manufacturing - Over 90 per cent of respondents believed their current order books to be either more than sufficient or sufficient. Most regarded their current stock of finished products to be adequate. Over the final quarter of 2005, almost half experienced increasing production. About three-fifths of respondents anticipate increased production levels. Most of these indicated that they will increase employment in response. Just over one-third expect that their selling prices will increase.3 d* _7 C8 q$ B
' N# w! a( K6 ^8 B, O
Professional and Technical Services - Just over 60 per cent experienced increased demand for services in the final quarter of 2005. A similar percentage expects increased demand. One-third anticipate they will increase employment in response.
' e3 u* L2 e9 x8 e1 ?# U
" C; R$ |2 E  k( WTransportation and Warehousing - Three-fifths of respondents indicated that the demand for their services had increased in the final quarter of 2005. The same proportion has an expectation that the demand will increase. Slightly more than one-third of respondents indicated that they will increase their employment.
* N% Z2 \# g/ \. Y8 {8 w0 ?2 A7 G; Z. I0 t: r
Wholesale - Some 63 per cent experienced increased sales in the final quarter of 2005. About two-thirds regarded their present inventory holdings as sufficient for their needs. Two-fifths anticipate that they will place an increased volume of orders with their suppliers. One-half expect increased sales. One-third expects that in response to these higher volumes they will have more jobs available.8 [& p: p# O) R# n: j2 O. {
4 d5 S2 V  U+ a( t0 i
Agriculture - This sector is affected by weather conditions. The survey asks respondents about current and expected farm prices. Most respondents indicated that prices at the farm gate increased during the last quarter of 2005. Most respondents felt that prices would see little change in the New Year.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-9 05:03 , Processed in 0.670735 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.