Posted On: Aug 7, 2009  ! H  g* G' _- X' ]" @+ ^" T
4 c  O8 `% \/ `5 G$ R" A; m8 F2 T
Closing Date - 11:00pm on: Aug 28, 2009   
8 {, L% |8 t& y9 W' R2 `4 d  q& ]5 b
+ R1 L. o7 f( k- a" C( p( jUnion: Management
4 p* y4 V: a0 o) e% F9 \6 `* B 4 \5 c& o( F. f1 b
Number of Openings (up to): 6 - Permanent Full-time
' S! b: X! F8 l4 E' [/ L; ]* ]
& H. P( {. S  O' \1 oDepartment: Neighbourhood Development Section (Community Services Department)# D3 C. K9 ?1 S$ {2 }

- ?# U- [( K. w) q0 }' zWork Location(s): Beaufort Building, 2nd Floor, 10835 - 120 Street (282) Edmonton, T5H 3P9 " `1 z6 }0 y& s* Z
) M) f/ X: ^- t6 ~" w
Description:  $ {) }* ~2 M' E5 h

. m) b( o. y5 y7 E+ g% KAre you a leader looking for a challenging career?  Are you looking for an opportunity to facilitate change within an organization of over 11,000 employees?  Do you have a strong interest in working with others to create and sustain outstanding neighbourhoods?  If so, this job would be great for you!
) h& k6 f1 K1 j$ r5 y' t: V4 `
$ ?! q* {* }! ?5 l# {Great Neighbourhoods is the City of Edmonton's comprehensive approach to creating and sustaining outstanding neighbourhooods.; ]$ m" F0 s: z; h
The Office of Great Neighbourhoods has been established to serve as a focal point to facilitate:& P9 |; R6 E/ b% N* Q; _8 F
•        Increased collaboration among City departments to deliver services in neighbourhoods more efficiently.  _( b  n. w) u
•        Comprehensive neighbourhood planning.
4 D; q- u* k, _/ Q' g! t) |•        Improved working relationships with neighbourhood stakeholders.! M4 L- a: A4 F& d2 g. ~
•        Investment in capital projects to foster outstanding neighbourhoods.  
3 Y6 ?; R: J7 ~4 v% qGreat Neighbourhoods advances the City's goal of making Edmonton one of Canada's most livable cities - one where citizens and visitors feel they are in the heart of somewhere special no matter where they live, work or play in Edmonton.$ g9 W. F( i5 x4 h( t% V% x
% N  _; M- |% i) N, a1 g
As the Great Neighbourhoods District Coordinator you will be assigned to a Neighbourhood Service District (based on City Council Ward boundaries) and will represent the Corporate interests of the City of Edmonton by providing leadership to cross-Departmental work teams in the coordination and delivery of Departmental annual work plans.   e# L5 h$ v, U1 w: I3 t
/ ?. l, d8 T) t3 S' h
You will lead and manage effective two-way communication processes between the City and partners such as Community Leagues, Edmonton Public Schools, Business Revitalization Zones, residents and business owners on City and District-wide identified plans, priorities and issues.
  R1 g# J7 L6 ?- u3 x
2 h# z; W' g8 N4 U6 VYou will also play a significant role in identifying policy and process gaps and to make Corporate policy recommendations.5 a7 G' ]/ y3 h2 a5 Y* Q+ M9 h/ `

/ {( m/ y$ m2 {$ x& KJob Requirements:  
3 X- o9 n- g" b/ M•        University degree in Recreation Administration, Urban Planning, Transportation, Social Sciences, Public or Business Administration, Policy Studies or other related degree.
* v# k( h; o$ L$ `" C, A•        A minimum of seven years professional experience in a local government setting.( Q7 b& j2 {( _, A: E7 P& M
•        Experience in project management, coordination, and budgeting.
2 }5 |* x) z1 w, G•        Keen sensitivity and understanding of the political process, with demonstrated political acumen.
' C  k8 J* S0 u  B& k& B6 C9 P•        Excellent professional judgement and organizational skills in order to coordinate the contributions of professional staff in a multi-disciplinary setting." G5 R+ c/ P# y! ^; E8 u, R# z
•        General knowledge of municipal operations in a variety of fields such as community development, transportation systems and infrastructure, finance, and land-use planning.
3 w9 u( E, G1 |& e) p$ i  x•        Excellent communication (written & oral) and presentation skills, as well as the ability to speak publicly with confidence.
" ~( g' [7 D6 n& d4 e7 c% L•        Well developed and demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities.
! x1 q) ^, r# G$ [' t, hHOURS OF WORK: 36.9 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
, D7 i( l' E) d# c3 V 2 r4 S5 N' m& G6 p7 T
SALARY RANGE: 91M, Salary Grade: PT2,  $60,060.00 - $85,800.00 (Annually).9 w; \$ Z+ c* s7 |# f& H5 \

( N; z, r7 W* mGENERAL: The City of Edmonton thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.! R" d8 i3 j# m2 R- ?' {: J
  + P- y# S( I6 I# o0 f2 N
The Province of Alberta is a signatory to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade and the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia.  The City of Edmonton will accept extra-provincial qualifications which are accepted by Alberta regulatory authorities and legislation in accord with those Agreements.  For more information, kindly contact Government of Alberta, Advanced Education and Technology with respect to trade requirements, or the Alberta professional regulatory body responsible for certification. \1 G9 n( _% w2 `! ?/ T

: V- \- l5 k" D4 ~& ]HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT: BB/AC; G: ^5 N3 |6 T! A( A: U8 y) o

V" S* T9 x9 s: tTo apply online and for further details, visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
( b+ E$ O5 S9 ?' SApplications can also be faxed to (780) 496-8063 or submitted in the drop-off box at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB, T5J 2R7.  All postings close at 11:59 p.m. on the date listed.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-9 22:12 , Processed in 0.076629 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.