注册
查看: 1550|回复: 1

[招聘信息] 华人社区服务中心招聘Family Literacy Coordinator

[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-8-10 10:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Position: Family Literacy Coordinator9 L# i9 f& ~" `* U
Terms: Part time contract position (16 hours per week) August 24/09-July 31/10 with possibility of extension, k* p' i( @3 c0 u1 B" y
Closing Date: August 13/092 E* i( _$ ?, E& m1 S2 V

' j2 L9 r# F" M5 O* q+ q, B1 \" ]! ^' ^- T4 _4 l; I* A: W0 L
Job Description: The Family Literacy Program at ASSIST offers a multifaceted approach to support and enhance family literacy in the young families in the Edmonton Chinese community.  The primary goals of the program is to educate and facilitate parents and/or grandparents to engage their children/grandchildren in literacy activities from their native culture, whether that be reading, singing, rhyming or other cultural activity, while at the same time enhancing their natural literacy activities with Canadian-style literacy programs including rhyming and reading programs when possible.% @! n: o- r; V7 b8 X' _  ?

4 j! m! o# b' ^The Family Literacy Coordinator is responsible for the full implementation of the project :  planning, organizing, coordination, administration, recruitment and promotion, documentation, budgeting, volunteer development, evaluation and reporting of the Family Literacy Program.  : `+ q6 y8 D2 T" m

, X6 O- K+ W1 O8 O+ f, y7 cMajor program components include family literacy education for parents and/or grandparents who have children/grandchildren aged 0-5 years through group facilitation and workshops; promotion and delivery of family literacy activities in the broader community context; building and sustaining community partnerships.  The coordinator also supervises, supports and works together with group facilitators in program delivery including curriculum development and management of resources.
9 F8 Y8 l5 T; [! w( Y) o7 f0 k1 ^$ e: r; u) N' g
The position is based on the principle of flextime in that the hours vary according to the work needing to be completed.  Generally the workweek falls within Monday- Friday with flexibility for weekend group sessions and/or events.  
& ^9 B) c3 H: |4 j6 J
, f  U6 O: g" P( I1 S5 p2 yEducation, experience & skills: Post secondary education in Social Services, Early Childhood Education/Development, or related fields; Minimum 3 years direct experience working with families and children in related social service fields; solid knowledge of family literacy, child development and parenting education; strong group facilitation skills; experienced in building community partnership; team player; supervisory experience including supervising,  supporting and training staff; experience working in a diverse environment; excellent verbal/written skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin; good computer skills; basic bookkeeping and accounting skills; a valid driver's license and vehicle; police and children services security checks and 3 references.  % u4 G3 X  |1 w1 G0 a
. J2 Y) a& M/ B5 N/ m3 Q1 j. P, V
  }9 U% x4 I' K
To Apply : In confidence, submit CV & cover letter together by e-mail with the subject line: Job Application – Family Literacy Coordinator to: Florence Pang-Tsui, Family Program Coordinator at email florence.pang@assistcsc.org.  We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.  We would not take any phone enquiries.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-8-10 13:10 | 显示全部楼层
不是相关专业的能申请吗?因为我也有小孩子,可以分享经验.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-11 12:30 , Processed in 0.290092 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.