注册
查看: 3076|回复: 1

(我评景点)Whitemud Ravine Nature Reserve

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-5-6 18:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Whitemud Ravine Nature Reserve
2 V. f* `* Z2 z: q4 S; i, ]" j
5 Z4 P, ]( k& Z: YAddress:  'No Address' , Edmonton, AB.  A natural wilderness area right in the middle of Edmonton.
2 S( J" F3 [# ~6 G; g+ ]+ N& T3 M8 v9 n9 z
Directions: Vehicle access is from Whitemud Park, at Fox Drive and 138 Street, or from Rainbow Valley Park at 43 Avenue and 122 Street.$ V: ]2 a* E, H- A7 I# b) D

$ l6 L& j- `0 R4 ^) k6 a9 F; rRestrictions: Bicycles aren't allowed in Whitemud Nature Reserve, and park rangers will fine cyclists they catch in the park. Dogs should also be kept on a leash.* ^' r. ?, }! j8 q# L
+ o# C/ W  I6 Q1 j# G$ o  D
Scene3 Q  j3 h. {7 P# h2 |# t- \  O0 ^/ H; l
Walking through the Whitemud Nature Reserve, it's hard to imagine you're in a major city.0 ^9 P. I6 B8 x7 m. g* o4 M9 G9 w  j

5 w4 H1 I, j) {$ z1 NThe ravine bottom trail is generally shaded, air is cool, and by moving slowly and quietly, it is possible to observe deer, beavers, and various birds, in their natural habitat.2 y" H; D& k' O6 g7 i' @
; Z: _% T- y4 w" N2 X2 R
The reserve is one of the best places to enjoy a quiet walk in the middle of the city. The trails are gentle and well shaded, and give lots of opportunity to stop and smell the roses, or any other wildflowers, which bloom along the path. It is designated for walkers only, and river valley park rangers enforce the non-cycling rule as often as they can.4 r" L( E  U! `$ Z6 M. `

b4 Z# p% D) [: l7 S* b* @In winter, walkers, cross-country skiers and snowshoers use the trails on a daily basis. A toboggan hill just south of Fox Drive is a popular winter attraction in the park.4 b, y* v; r! u% m  ^: b5 C" d& L
0 a% Q0 n+ u: t6 |
Along the trail, several interpretative signs and viewpoints help explain the park's natural features, and regularly spaced benches help take a load off weary feet.
0 {, W" @! Q  n" S( }4 U
5 }4 i( c" y$ V( c  j5 jThe nature reserve also connects easily to the nearby John Janzen Nature Centre and Fort Edmonton Park, and more ambitious walkers can hike over the Quesnell Bridge to the Valley Zoo, or follow the riverside trails to Hawrelak Park.
多选投票, 共有 0 人参与投票
100.00% (2)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
您所在的用户组没有投票权限
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-5-9 11:26 | 显示全部楼层
有时间想去看看!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-8 18:57 , Processed in 0.092925 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.