7 z" O3 j# M: e8 I# J- d" `
Posted On:  Aug 27, 2008  
4 R! U$ u, Z5 j- E: L) ^9 x* }- ^! l; p8 C7 z6 I+ z& X
Closing Date - 11:59pm on:  Sep 6, 2008   3 L0 T. b8 O  f/ i5 J% X

/ Y' L+ |4 W. VUnion:  CSU 52
$ O. Y$ r$ C0 b0 y) _8 _/ k
7 u" ?7 r9 L& ?: f' I; TNumber of Openings (up to):  3 - Permanent Full-time
: {( ^0 N$ ~6 z8 a# | # }% u$ W: G8 [
Department:  Neighbourhood Development Section (Community Services Department)% p1 m9 m! v+ I; g( W' y
, ]: A0 d/ C# ^# P0 f0 J
Work Location(s):  Various Locations (City Wide)
5 p- J4 z5 @& _. \( F
  J& _$ _7 C+ Q9 H/ v) |1 q3 LDescription
* z& U1 X3 z; ^
4 q8 @; Z# N2 G3 Y/ ~  u0 HThis position is part of the new Neighbourhood Development Section and will be attractive to individuals who want to be actively involved in the new model for targeting services and resources to communities with greater needs.  2 M8 v1 b. K& R6 p2 o+ N  p
; ]8 ]# ]5 m# Y6 F3 o5 `
The vision for Neighbourhood Revitalization is to move throughout the high priority neighbourhoods in the City; building and implementing community action plans, linking project site learnings, developing policy, and managing this new direction in the Community Services Department.
2 B/ X0 ?5 ?) L6 | 7 J/ A7 y$ r" o+ o  l( ~% `  H
Responsibilities of the Neighbourhood Revitalization Coordinators include:
  H! e2 @; g8 V2 N3 K/ A
7 L( x% c+ j0 Q! z7 y•        Facilitating and leading the development and coordination of community networks and committees;2 N' D7 l6 b" h3 d1 K
•        Designing and implementing public consultation processes;
' Z7 i- c9 P, _8 r. l- u•        Managing, facilitating and building support for community action plans;! B3 Y; ?* w2 y3 I( k  |) b
•        Providing project management services, determining how project resources, contracts and agreements are managed;8 F, P& `, j- ?* c& S
•        Providing leadership and project management for community initiatives in collaboration with Community stakeholders and staff within government organizations;3 P. a; r3 G6 `+ J6 b! l! m
•        Contributing to a coordinated approach through shared learning which will be used to form policy, action plans, tool kits, training and, ultimately, how services are provided to communities;
' l8 o7 g4 Z" Z4 D! z) s7 L/ u8 q/ f: G8 _" I$ a
Job Requirements. {' H+ [* H0 F4 u* Q6 J' J6 M. F
4 M- G8 {5 c- z5 j, V; T2 ]
•        Bachelor's degree in Recreation Administration, Social Work or a related recognized degree.. F9 x# ~! q7 {9 U8 e8 g& l7 n
•        Minimum of seven years professional experience that includes: demonstrated competency in community development, collaborative community initiatives, organizational development, project management, administration of contracts and agreements and design and implementation of public consultation processes.
) N$ x: T+ m% H# N! V•        Ability to organize, engage, mobilize and support community leadership.
. {* t1 n+ h9 m, ^% _•        Ability to develop strong relationships built on trust and competency.
. @' |" e3 X; I' h, v  Y# W•        Excellent leadership and facilitation skills.
$ j3 {. d: R( c2 z1 _6 W•        A demonstrated ability to work independently in leading, consulting, problem solving and researching innovative approaches to mobilizing and developing neighbourhoods.
# @  l: p9 R! _" f•        Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in dealing with community members, Senior Management, the media and Council.
) |  u* i& z4 U. Z8 yNOTE:, Y  Y* @! l5 X9 |' V
! [. F; S! p4 O1 r" W
•        Applicants will be required to arrange their own transportation, and where appropriate, will be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy. This may require the applicant to obtain business use auto insurance.
! `' u4 r2 i; l; `% ]•        A security clearance is a condition of employment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Security Clearance letter from the Edmonton Police Department or local RCMP detachment. 9 U6 e( M7 u( Z! L  s6 [
•        Where appropriate, applicants may be required to participate in job specific testing.5 L0 C0 N) o+ `4 ]1 F
5 {+ b6 n6 U% i7 W3 d% w3 j% x$ V' j
HOURS OF WORK:  33.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday.  Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program." @1 p1 C* }# [

3 L" X1 {7 x) o( f2 c5 _SALARY RANGE:  21M, Salary Grade: 029, $32.881 - $41.324 (Hourly), $2,219.47 - $2,789.37 (Bi-Weekly), $57,928.10 - $72,802.56 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
* e: P, V5 }7 _) t8 [ 4 Q8 {0 R  ?  Q9 V0 r& w
GENERAL:  Civic Service Union 52 members are requested to send a copy of their application for this competition to the union office.  The City of Edmonton thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.     KC/JZ& s* F. K, A% E1 |* l/ B. _( O

( ~  c$ B+ s/ I# ]) @To apply online and for further details, visit www.edmonton.ca/careers  4 D* v' Z* c2 b9 w! ^
Applications can also be faxed to (780) 496-8063 or submitted in the drop-off box at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB, T5J 2R7.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-15 20:48 , Processed in 0.219232 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.