埃德蒙顿华人社区-Edmonton China

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1323|回复: 1

[招聘信息] Chinese-speaking Broker to work with families with children with disabilities

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-28 14:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Chinese-speaking Broker / V" [4 ?: M4 X% c2 H6 L; E
Multicultural Family Support for Children with Disabilities ' d: p- q" S+ @
Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative * }. n9 F3 H9 D- m0 t
% n% g: A9 ~% r; i% @8 V2 |% I
Position: Chinese-speaking Broker
( j% b2 M# o9 S3 h5 _+ U# f8 Cto work with families with children with disabilities+ Y+ U5 o  M8 ]5 M0 v6 Z8 E4 u  E
(50 hours per month) ! k9 h- ?  N( s* x' ~, C5 p/ {
Start Date: September 2008
2 o( N4 z) x7 h9 e2 [) Y& W. d$ w, A/ m# @! ]" |) n* p& f6 {! L+ O% C7 I
The Organization: The Multicultural Health Brokers Co-op is a registered workers co-operative, founded on the principles of social justice and equity, with the mandate to provide culturally and linguistically relevant care, community development and system advocacy support to families within 16 local immigrant and refugee communities
+ Q9 F3 k& k7 ?" o, @, r1 h. h3 S: v# P2 _7 T4 F
Position Summary: The Chinese-speaking Broker position is a unique position, created to provide support to Chinese-speaking families with children with disabilities. This position is part of a three-way partnership project entitled Multicultural Family Support for Children with Disabilities.  The other 2 partners are Family Support for Children with Disabilities of Edmonton & Area Children Services and Alberta Association for Community Living.
4 k8 m) y2 ^1 o; @  j
3 p/ F; @% p) P/ ]7 iThe position involves:
4 ]+ \) M" l. Y$ U* Q2 I' G1.          supporting families in developing a deeper understanding about mainstream services and resources tied to the health and well-being of their children with disabilities (as well as their own well-being.) It involved helping families understand the complementary roles and mandates of different professionals and care providers in their lives. 0 K- z4 n" ?  z( m/ L2 {
2.        helping families determine their hopes and priorities regarding their children with disabilities, and support them in articulating their perspectives and priorities to service providers.7 O+ ^% s+ `! X# T8 w
3.        helping families and service providers build mutual understanding and, whenever needed, help mediate cultural misunderstanding or conflict due to differences in cultural perspectives.
8 z( P# c& e8 K* w, l5 I) P2 g4.        collaborating with professionals and other care providers in ensuring culturally relevant service to immigrant and refugee families with children with disabilities.
/ N% C6 d9 n1 G# u  s$ ^5.        facilitating mutual support groups among immigrant families with children with disabilities, and help learn from each other and take relevant collective actions  
+ g2 Y8 A7 ]! ]. h      6.         providing families with on-going emotional and social support.
1 A" m. N5 e' H% L( v  C0 s4 Y    7.     translating relevant written documents into the language and context of cultural understanding of immigrant parents. 8 F# J: {6 ]% V* d' h; _4 L* Q6 Z

# n8 M; ^( [! j, H$ D  Q7 [The candidates should possess the following qualification:
4 M$ Y4 q$ a3 O0 @0 |5 u5 j1.        2 years or more of experience working with marginalized immigrant & refugee families with multiple barriers, ,
$ P- p: x3 |. g% \2.        direct experience and/or training in working with children with disabilities within immigrant & refugee families in the context of case management/ V4 O$ X; W+ D+ \
3.        fluent in both English and Chinese, including Cantonese and Mandarin,
: e$ P& \# D; j& o4.        skills & insight into the process of language bridging and cultural mediation between immigrant & refugee families and mainstream service providers,
8 ?! J6 T' I: L5.        experience in helping immigrant & refugee families navigating mainstream systems and advocating with these families for equitable access," |3 O- w& m/ ?$ H6 T
6.        experience in building community awareness and capacities in relation to sensitive issues that have severe stigma attached or silenced in the community, and  Z5 \. X+ P3 f! }
7.        experience in capturing client information and case management activities with a computer information management system.
+ E( J/ k5 Z; d( V8 g2 }: r3 ?3 [            8.   having skill and knowledge in typing Chinese will be an asset. . k& I7 [, e8 ~. [2 c
+ Z4 Z' y' Z5 b( X5 K& p; P
Salary:* m/ R) ^- o/ E0 M8 Y
$20 per hour for 50 hours per month.
$ f& H9 H/ R$ x# C1 @' j, V! w$ F* w" T6 d
TO APPLY - Submit resume & cover letter by August 15 (Friday) 2008, in confidence to:1 |' M6 g. M  J$ Q& Q  E$ @) s
Yvonne Chiu, Co-executive Director0 I7 A( Z- I" |0 I6 C$ O# u. {
Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative
0 J; f+ }5 z4 @/ P3 b4 t. V$ w# z10867 – 97 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 2M6 & C8 d* J- L$ o, t& [) M0 O
E: yvonnechiu@shaw.ca/ F: 780.428-2748
' s( u( ?# J& N3 P: h
* l0 K3 t- x1 ]4 qWe thank all applicants for their interest.  Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-4 22:32 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-15 01:24 , Processed in 0.228956 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, APC On.