找回密码
 注册
查看: 8035|回复: 9

relationship~

[复制链接]
鲜花(74) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-1-8 18:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
o lord today i had NUR 175 class, my instructor said a nurse should be professional, so the relationship between client and you will be really subtle. that means a nurse must be professional during taking care of somebody. she mentioned if a nurse falls love with her or his client it is out off standard of practice. that is stupid, even though it is right. we are beings, how do we know what will happen.
/ ~6 z' c' A% }+ w+ d
( w2 u/ o2 K! F7 X+ Pthe funny part was in the history, a nurse fell love with her patient, she needed to phone the nursing organization to have the permit to get married. o my god, unbelievable, unreasonable, i will talk with my instructor next class. i think i misunderstood.! b9 g" ]' l2 M' {

+ _& R+ O* C  L- p$ k5 Z" p' F& Z/ njust sharing, do not mark my grammar, please.
大型搬家
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-1-8 19:35 | 显示全部楼层
why cannot a nurse fall in love with his/her client?
鲜花(634) 鸡蛋(5)
发表于 2008-1-8 20:25 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 寒江雪 于 2008-1-8 19:35 发表 , j& d8 t% [6 a3 r
why cannot a nurse fall in love with his/her client?
: u5 K- }! ]" R' p8 Y" p/ ]# @
5 s- H+ ?! L- Q6 o0 _3 v
This is typical codes of professional conducts thing, same in teacher and student relationship. I would think the rational behind it is this: When one party( nurse, teacher) has an undue influence over the other party (patient, student), such codes would ensure the equality between the two parties. 7 d$ m' Z) h" \6 d; `0 l
7 ~5 M8 e8 c4 w% t. F' t/ d! R
Let's put it this way: Nurse A had a crush on Patient B. More, A expresses this to B. What B would respond to it? B would be worried that if he declined A, A might do something in A's professional realm to harm B (such as give B the wrong dose).9 }" ^! A8 B( G  o8 U0 u

1 i" W- q4 Z/ {- S4 K- Z[ 本帖最后由 三思 于 2008-1-8 20:26 编辑 ]
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-1-8 22:27 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Wow, Sansi is really great in thinking and articulated so well. Admiring...
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-1-9 06:11 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 三思 于 2008-1-8 20:25 发表 + h+ Y3 s- Z1 o  ~4 @2 e" @
: c2 |' ^6 h1 H0 }* {  g! k0 I1 _% m

; m. X6 a$ w- _4 ZThis is typical codes of professional conducts thing, same in teacher and student relationship. I would think the rational behind it is this: When one party( nurse, teacher) has an undue influence ...
* z! o) D4 s9 G) R
From the point of view of avoiding misconduct, surely nurse/teacher should maintain proper relationship with their clients/students. If both the nurse and client have true affection to each other, it is then another story, which could be seen from some movies.
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(634) 鸡蛋(5)
发表于 2008-1-9 09:08 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 寒江雪 于 2008-1-9 06:11 发表
4 k- F+ b) n: V$ W
: y; }* Q6 K% m7 S9 M* ]From the point of view of avoiding misconduct, surely nurse/teacher should maintain proper relationship with their clients/students. If both the nurse and client have true affection to each other, i ...

& l2 ^+ ]* ?0 `4 o* C2 r% m0 I2 N5 @& ?$ i6 |$ D, K1 [
of course with rules/codes, you can not restrain love, but you can intervene relationship. I suppose the rules varied in different companies/organizations. For example, as LZ said in her post, nurses ars supposed to report their relationship with patients to the nursing board to get purmit to marry. Another likely example is: Teacher and student have to wait til the student graduates, or the student has to switch to another class. - u  J, J! K% W' L* S
; W, }3 V: J+ }6 O; t( _
The whole point is about undue influence. As wikipedia explained: Undue influence (as a term in jurisprudence) is an equitable doctrine that involves one person taking advantage of a position of power over another person. It is where free will to bargain is not possible.The codes are intended to prevent such influence taken place. / K4 S5 w9 L, A  t$ i' I. q
9 ~* u; {5 {# N+ c* |
FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undue_influence
鲜花(634) 鸡蛋(5)
发表于 2008-1-9 09:11 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
原帖由 billzhao 于 2008-1-8 22:27 发表
  d$ M7 Y3 k3 y( O+ e% ?' VWow, Sansi is really great in thinking and articulated so well. Admiring...

# d+ C# F: M: F5 Vflattered....
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-1-9 10:55 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 个性小西红柿 于 2008-1-8 18:15 发表   k0 ^3 O' o" O8 J
o lord today i had NUR 175 class, my instructor said a nurse should be professional, so the relationship between client and you will be really subtle. that means a nurse must be professional during ta ...
5 v* b  o4 ^& Z1 i% l+ A) R

4 O$ e6 Z8 o9 X- @8 Q9 g. OYou did very well in grammar. Well, are you going to be a nurse?
鲜花(74) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-1-9 11:21 | 显示全部楼层
i agree with sansi, think deeply, that is true but not always." S9 q5 z+ o  D# ~* W
well, i am taking nursing courses. do not if i can get though, hopefully yes otherwise no.
/ b: c& [: B  H3 L: Tanyway building up the effective relationship is not that simple, needs skills.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-1-10 05:12 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
原帖由 三思 于 2008-1-9 09:08 发表 - ?* N, i9 g* \0 G* H
, C% c3 H" n4 t0 f
' t2 T2 I5 I; n' q; r8 P) d9 B
of course with rules/codes, you can not restrain love, but you can intervene relationship. I suppose the rules varied in different companies/organizations. For example, as LZ said in her post, nur ...
' g$ t% d1 j$ R: b2 V
Yes, rules are rules and should be respected and followed. Only in this way can the society function in an orderly way.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-28 12:14 , Processed in 0.284300 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.