[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-7-9 19:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
JOB POSTING* Q0 D8 }- q5 Q8 e# R& G, M# C
  FOR+ g2 ?/ t! h/ L4 Q9 a
OPERATIONS MANAGER - VENUES & PROGRAMMING: P0 ?' R- N- `+ O& v* C

+ n7 O* k5 ^. WREPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
6 e$ i* J  u5 C7 w+ B. E- s% N8 @The Operations Manager - Venues and Programming will operate with a  6 W5 ~3 A# J! O7 w2 y  x% H
direct line reporting relationship to the SU´s Manager of Programming  . X) F2 J9 w* r$ t& P
and Venues.
9 v5 k: }* S0 s) s3 x, {7 h& T+ ?" B
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1 f8 J5 h9 J! h7 U# KThe duties of the Operations Manager - SU Venues are diverse and  6 Q$ U! a" \2 \: Y1 \! N1 D
extensive, and are targeted at the all round smooth operation and  
; q1 M, ~( L+ `7 q6 k+ Qfinancial and operational success of the Horowitz Theatre as well as  / Q( n4 {6 s# C  _1 m, H$ I2 A
the logistical organization and smooth rental of the additional  ' [! T, n7 ]0 W2 ]1 e& r
venues within the realm of the Students´ Union.  In the light of that  2 ?+ A4 T* L1 Y! N1 y4 A
breadth and complexity, it is not possible to fully define or  
9 H7 s, c) S5 |9 B9 `0 mdescribe all roles and responsibilities in a document of this kind.   
2 G+ @1 n5 \7 k8 @. U/ BHowever, the main roles and responsibilities of the Operations  
) ]' }# m1 f. V, ^+ \; zManager are as follows:; f( H0 C* G; f# w
/ E0 F6 K, {. A, d$ `- X- U
1.        Space Roles and Responsibilities
, o0 O! \# ^& P& R3 \, w
: V2 a" |. R& @* v1 da.   To ensure, at all times, that the venues listed below meet the  
9 Y# N4 P7 |" I3 q/ x5 R+ ~) l6 Yappropriate standards, requirements and needs, and contributes in a  
" S  ?. F; i* j8 F* `# }6 ypositive way to the smooth operation and success of the individual  $ m4 q: f6 t. D. F0 Q; P. ~* L
renter.
; y0 c0 f; u3 l$ ~1 }·     Myer Horowitz Theatre
6 j/ `6 z/ {8 _9 f- o·     Dinwoodie Lounge2 {$ U4 R! I1 U
·     SUB Stage' y0 K) P0 U- @, L% x0 d( y

" K# g3 [1 [5 b* x6 e( ^: Vb.   This includes, but is not limited to, the following:: W' \2 q" I! O& W' [: I% k
·     To plan the capital and supply expenditures to meet the  $ N* J$ J4 x! U$ p1 H9 Q& {0 H" _
production and facility requirements.1 {% p9 g: B0 r( ~0 C
·     To ensure the day-to-day compliance of the venues with existing  
- w9 {7 ]; X, }8 w2 rsafety regulations and building policies.
# P0 j- I( ?# ETo ensure that the maximum potential of renters is met.0 z& [  ?% _$ ?" w5 y1 C

+ h* V8 c6 U) L; ~2.        Marketing and Promotion
$ v0 N; _: X) _$ ^& r2 s
5 D# u; }& n. x" h  S+ {5 Z1 o% y6 s7 Ya.   To develop and implement a marketing plan for the venues that  
. Y2 s* [$ M0 Rfocuses upon advertising and promoting the venue to faculty,  
  a: {  l7 l" w1 |$ \# P1 z9 H+ xstudents, and internal and external clients on an on-going basis.  - _: I* g4 v& M/ ]7 j
This strategy will include implementing and/or delegating the following:
+ t& k0 x" w% r- R# p/ K7 }·     To develop and maintain promotional materials, the Horowitz  
4 A  C/ ^8 U' ETheatre and SU Venues home page, newspaper and other advertising; to  # z0 J. @$ B7 N
take advantage of other internal and external advertising  
- L  Q5 S- N& ?; l+ K- K8 Kopportunities; and to develop press releases and other promotional  
: K* y, }# H; C$ {literature on an ongoing basis.
' A6 p- |5 U& @+ C9 I% L+ T·     To coordinate tours of the venues for potential renters.; U' x6 G8 H9 i: f. G( L& ]
·     To promote upcoming events in the Horowitz Theatre through the  
/ t5 |- e; `- {use of the Horowitz Theatre Home Page and the SU Events Calendar.
7 Z' [; s. N1 b3 I; s1 X& F·     To develop new external clients for the venues.
" k+ r% n, W' P% T# M* Z# b  T% Y3 r# H. k+ a
& S/ @, }9 W5 m# T' ]  G0 K* Y1 m. x
3.        Staff and Supervisory Roles and Responsibilities; ]5 z, l( o, `" X* X! N1 Y+ ^; G

& O2 @3 P* c0 c/ O% L; Ja.   To ensure, at all times, that the venues are adequately and cost- 1 w- k  b# f) J9 r1 C/ R  j% I
effectively staffed, and that the staff utilized by or within the  
) e7 f' M! l* w3 |' q- Zvenues meet the appropriate standards, requirements and needs, and  2 H+ Q( Z, x8 B$ }
contribute in a positive way to the smooth operation and success of  
* X* K" Q9 T- P) Gthe renter´s events. This includes, but is not necessarily limited  ( N4 [; D/ E5 `7 w2 w$ p' h
to, the following:) V& I. A* V  w7 [
·     To be responsible, under the direction of the Manager of Venues  : J) W- p! G# B3 F1 t' S, V
and Programming, for all staff issues including hiring, disciplining,  
( Y" K7 f1 ?" Mevaluating and terminating, as necessary.
& f' j6 |1 v8 G& d9 y: b6 [3 m To ensure that the Horowitz Theatre is adequately supervised at  
) O9 H9 M/ m* @& Lall times, this includes the development and implementation of such  
9 h  J2 e3 V9 s8 l6 L& n9 X5 Gschedules and rosters as may be necessary to ensure the effective and  
1 m2 I6 z, R# e( d/ Ccost-effective supervision of the venues at all times during which it  : q& p7 \( ]6 H( V' p! @4 c, i; t
is in operation or needs to be in operation.7 x5 b3 k3 ^# P' L. X2 U: q% h, @
·     To work with the Technical Director, when necessary, to ensure  & \- M& U; A( I3 W
that an adequate and appropriate level of part-time staff exists to  & v) s" M$ t+ u: R- ~: B
facilitate the smooth operation of the venues and to ensure all  ( ]% C! i1 ~4 R3 c" a! T
renters needs are met.
6 u' I+ j( U2 u8 b·     To work with the Technical Director to ensure that the skills  $ N, K9 i4 y9 ^# F
and attitudes of all subordinate staff are appropriate in light of  0 j: H( I# H- {/ ^( ^
the roles they must perform. This includes providing adequate and  0 u% O+ |( a. _! |, b
effective training (and re-training) in all applicable and  ' a' E! Q3 x  B9 h) B$ D) `
appropriate areas, and ensuring that the Policy and Procedures manual  + _1 c9 r: J$ H7 @+ d
is kep up-to-date at all times.* d6 a4 Z* |  t$ l* s. _2 w$ U% x
·     To ensure all staff are trained in and committed to providing  
' y& Y( ?+ x9 nexcellent customer service to all renters.: a; b5 B* D9 Q
·     To work with the Technical Director to arrange staff  
! R" m* `, u6 P( Ischeduling.  To handle payroll related matters, under the guidance  # X, P# V( d3 c6 q" _/ V& _7 C
and direction of the Manager of Venues and Programming, concerning  
  _) O: t# i& Z) }3 mthe staff of the venues.
' e, s, Q# Z) V4 `1 N·     Working with the Manager of Facilities and Operations to ensure  
) l+ I( h1 F: i$ q! qthe appropriate setup/tear down of each venue.$ b1 c# z& B/ D! m" [; o9 h" p5 a
·     Working with the Manager of Programming and Venues to ensure  2 C2 a6 ]7 \! m/ K  O
that additional requests such as licensed receptions are arranged.
8 H( M( p! ]2 X8 Z! G3 ?; B) p# \* Z, b" U
3 i9 F6 Y' \, x1 @* @4 a
4.          Overall Financial Performance
7 l, D7 i2 ~" _6 e7 ?3 {9 c2 B
& G, \9 D+ T) q6 l9 O- a% ]a. To ensure, at all times, that the Financial and Administrative  ' N$ \/ a- d4 E) A* \9 q
systems and processes utilized by or within the venues meet the  
2 U, e/ ?% A& H0 p! Aappropriate standards, requirements and needs, and contribute in a  
! C3 c2 v- Q9 c" Ppositive way to the smooth operation and success of the venues. This  
5 x5 P  T* a3 p# J% W' I9 sincludes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
* E8 k& I/ u9 e To provide input and expertise in the formulation of appropriate  
" [+ k; ?% i) I) h' F3 Noperating budgets covering the venues to the SU´s Manager of  
2 U1 J& _2 S) r' q3 P) LProgramming and Venues and to discuss and refine those budgets  
* L- B: p5 V- v# u1 ]( FManager of Programming and Venues, and Manager of Finance &  
' w$ D0 N, v2 m- a( k$ v5 pAdministration prior to their submission for final approval.7 P+ {  m$ G7 u# u+ b
·  To manage the venues in a manner which adequately and effectively  
2 G: g  g4 U# A& ]reflects the budgets approved for the venues and/or which reflects  
; |# E4 b7 t7 p5 o3 jthe best interests of the venues and the Students´ Union.  v  e6 C$ ~; Q
·  To function as the key player in the submission of financial and  
; u4 c5 w  A) Dadministrative documentation covering the venues to be used in the  
* B7 {) I& h$ L* tcompilation of monthly and annual financial statements, and such  
! g+ F% u3 u2 W7 eother reports as may be necessary.
: @- ?$ t$ C; v' c7 {; V1 \0 V·  To discuss those financial statements and other reports, together  5 d: S' [1 @( K% [% l2 K
with all financial and administrative procedures, with the SU´s  / ?) f: W' T! D" d: K, }5 L
Manager of Programming and Venues and Manager of Finance &  
% J) P, O" v' l% o* D; ~/ H& C# KAdministration with a view to determining and implementing action  9 b9 [9 I. A- v, ^
aimed at improving the financial and/or functional effectiveness of  1 T2 v% x3 u8 G* g  Q; H
the Horowitz Theatre.
6 R: T" t3 `, p2 Q3 F1 s+ h" F1 F, q·  To ensure the existence of adequate, effective and accurate job  
" u% Q; l3 H/ gcosting systems to be used in connection with the determination and  - n' |5 v# ^% c6 `# w
setting of appropriate prices for rental and staffing rates for  ' k+ L) j/ s9 `% {
events held in the Horowitz Theatre.) K" k6 `* S8 f- W
·  To develop accurate documentation to be used in connection with  : l+ Q+ D: q' x9 n0 q
the billing clients, and to forward such documentation in a timely  4 O2 |* {# N9 m4 @
manner to the Accounting Department.
  E2 F8 _9 d1 K8 o' ?" y·  To recognize, address and handle all matters relating to financial  
% b- U" a5 B% C+ S3 x5 B% o; |7 hand administrative procedures and systems in a manner which reflects  1 S. h/ k( B" }1 \
the requirements of the SU´s Manager of Programming and Venues and  
) g3 i* P. L0 F9 u2 m1 b1 n( sManager of Finance and Administration, and in a manner which  
& @, S! Y8 f; Y. l1 \, v$ _contributes positively to the smooth operation and success of the  . ]/ a+ L& }6 f
venues.$ u5 o2 T, U0 X8 |! |1 B/ ], r5 a
- V! G3 x8 k& Y
5.          Overall Roles and Responsibilities' a6 @4 v5 n, s7 f8 H) ^* [
a.   To ensure, at all times, that the systems and processes used in  % S3 s- |) T/ f% f" }, [
renting the venues meet the appropriate standards, requirements and  
7 j# G. @# _& a+ K7 h4 i" M$ B) lneeds, and contribute to the smooth operation and success of the  
, ?1 R% y4 J/ J8 Qvenues. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
' `: D! r( X: U% N( \% n" u/ r
+ h$ q& K3 X4 m- d, t1 v1 d  v·  To recognize, develop and set in place such rental procedures as  1 n# g2 C* U7 z; h3 l& V
may be necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the venues, this  & ]# R. c% q& a7 R
is to include but not necessarily be limited to systems and processes  ) M1 l. A3 U& U5 B/ W/ D) f
in the areas of contracts, inventory management, contract evaluation,  
8 R1 P7 J- P6 l* |1 w2 kpricing, costing, equipment usage, rental/contract invoicing,  1 m. Y; {+ M8 z0 F/ @
together with such other systems and procedures as may be necessary  ) K" M2 W  z% _- n
to ensure the smooth, secure, efficient, cost-effective and  
' Q: P) S; Q3 R6 `functionally-effective operation of the Horowitz Theatre.6 @7 t7 ]. Y+ j! ]4 l1 a/ y, i
·  To recognize, develop and set in place such operational procedures  . R* R) {  g7 e! @3 u: s: @8 ^4 w
as may be necessary to ensure the smooth, efficient and cost- 4 Q$ O% i9 I$ i( u
effective operation of the venues./ B4 @8 j) l, J# p" p  h1 C+ B
·  To negotiate rental lease agreements (contracts) relating to  
) b9 T, d8 s* N% }9 kdates, rates, staff and miscellaneous charges.1 B) H! Q$ }6 g/ [
·  To ensure that adequate inventory is available at all times and  
3 N+ c+ R# n8 r- |  Hthat such inventory is stored and issued in effective and secure ways.  q- Z$ |0 }7 _9 O, J) N
·  To consult with renters as to facility issues in producing their  8 k& r4 R4 |/ ^9 i) V3 y
particular event in the venues.% H7 o0 |2 i( d. @, L3 J
·  To provide the venues on-site staff with such documentation and  
7 h! x3 S9 {; L7 }' m; W# ksupporting information as it may need to effectively fulfill the  " ~$ w2 y. L+ C( ^8 `8 O$ P
roles they are to perform to ensure the success of the renter´s event.
5 N" `, P5 t) U4 X1 d: G2 ]·  To produce quotes in respect to staffing costs for a particular  - J: o/ A. x8 b% F+ W
rental with consultation with the Technical Director.
: f( h4 |9 }( T·  To ensure that all queries raised with the venues whether from the  
3 H* U+ k! W' s7 b) P( p6 F: eSU or renters, are promptly and effectively handled and adequately  ( ^1 M  _3 _1 d! K( L7 D
answered, and to ensure that such action as may be necessary in  1 }- `0 \+ p) P5 X5 e' m, _
follow-up to such queries is taken in a timely manner.
0 Q9 Y/ ^- |' r3 D To ensure that the venues and its capabilities are adequately,  / y6 ?$ `+ G  L* G
effectively and cost-effectively advertised and promoted, and that    g! _$ l' ?) X5 B9 V) [
the cost of such endeavors does not exceed the budgetary provision  
3 D2 o9 Y: S4 O5 w2 u# i5 {made for them unless prior approval is given by the Manager of  9 ^1 t0 @7 {  v+ S4 U
Programming and Venues.
# @8 `- l4 a5 d  b9 d6 i+ {·  To act as an informed and knowledgeable resource in the case of  # @7 i: ^% ~6 S8 h- ?
significant challenges and/or problems surrounding the tasks of  
- [! {' _3 c/ I+ b$ U+ @3 emarketing, administration, operations, and any such other matters as  
! ~* Z/ w2 [, T: O' Pmay provide such challenges and/or problems.
3 r( g5 @* A. k·  To attend such meetings as may be required to support the smooth  & F1 W. E% P1 }3 P0 \
operation of the venues or the Students´ Union as a whole.
4 {- S; t3 t7 z5 X  c) u·  To perform other job-related duties as may be required by the  
% m: ~% W4 v# @Manager of Programming and Venues in order to ensure the smooth and  4 h; D* P, @# j$ _9 z' o
secure operation of the venues.3 {8 Q) u4 }/ n: I! x/ x: e$ [, P
·  To recognize, address and handle all matters relating to overall  9 V, e& G8 A6 _" v
operations in a manner which reflects the requirements of the SU´s  
9 y& L1 B# R, F, h; n# x( o4 CManager of Programming and Venues, and Manager of Finance and  ; N, o% K1 l' j$ }" F5 Z3 _& u; J7 S  H
Administration, and in a manner which contributes positively to the  
; k* }3 h4 N4 N+ lsmooth operation and success of the Horowitz Theatre.
$ E( y+ x/ Z8 E4 _/ ~/ l6 b
6 \* u; T% R% M) P& S6 z- I- BQUALIFICATIONS:  S* N5 z, R' X5 [+ @
1)             Minimum two years related post secondary education, or  ) d7 _7 h5 p+ ?
an acceptable combination of education and experience.
& k4 p/ d. ?% J' W2)             Supervisory experience.! j. k( A: x6 n/ q. e
3)             Ability to create new initiatives with little or no  
9 I* W6 ?6 p1 E$ B( Vsupervision.
- ~2 f' i1 d( y/ m* o+ M+ `' C2 [" z  B4)             High level of creativity3 g8 N+ E0 ?: a* Q& n. e  J
5)             Knowledge of budgeting and staffing procedures.
7 v  o& E( a$ c4 y- Y6)             Excellent organizational and communication skills and  
! h5 W9 y8 p6 lstrong writing skills./ L2 ~) V7 c. s; j, U7 {
7)             Dynamic individual with experience in large group and  + L8 T/ O2 E7 X& L# G) f% _
one-on-one promotion.
% x8 o: M+ s# Z             Ability to work with students, staff, University  
. P3 T! g9 l* R, R0 ~( }0 w8 Rfaculty and administration with a dedication to providing excellent  
) U# x# V6 u5 q1 kcustomer service.& u+ m6 ^% M+ @
Union exempt position9 h+ n) m1 x2 M  c' C# B* u
July 6 2007
" o) v3 X$ G; u
; ~9 r! |# i/ ?* D* c$ uPlease state salary expectations" s# K* d: N9 L3 E! K- r

+ e: f. j+ j) FPlease apply in writing to: Val Stewart, Personnel Manager, Box 600  
2 T7 M7 V* E/ b/ B/ ], eRoom 2-900 SUB, U of A Campus T6G 2J7 by 4pm Tuesday, July 17th 2007.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-21 22:45 , Processed in 0.152050 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.