找回密码
 注册
查看: 2451|回复: 3

High Quality Video - Barack Obama's thirty minute commercial

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-10-30 08:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
The ad contained specific cornerstones of Obama’s proposed presidential policy, as well as interviews with citizens affected by the economic crisis, like an automotive factory worker and retirees concerned about health care. The ad also touched on Obama’s relationship with his parents, and his wife and two young daughters.
0 J7 d  O* }; c( K$ O' f$ g% q& M5 D( q: c' J
" }2 Q0 m7 `# B( ~
; a  I# a6 n: m3 e

6 {- F* [$ A! c9 E( ^& d4 g+ n# Q3 u0 S
* o5 G* l" a( p* e
, t; F: \6 h& P9 }

: J/ a9 G/ ~5 ]2 q. V, E7 z2 Z% k
) G5 v' `9 g! ~/ X
6 y. g' ~, _1 }9 n[ 本帖最后由 billzhao 于 2008-10-30 10:06 编辑 ]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-30 08:47 | 显示全部楼层

Warm response for $4m Obama 'infomercial'

大型搬家
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-30 08:53 | 显示全部楼层

Obama's 30-Minute Ad Effective

Barack Obama got his money's worth in his 30-minute commercial Wednesday night. But hey, what's $4 million or $5 million to a candidate who raised $150 million in September? The Democratic candidate's ad-meisters put on a slick presentation and Obama played his role like an Academy Award winner.  He set the right tone and brought together the campaign elements he needs to reinforce voter support in the final days of the campaign.
+ Y5 d( L* f+ c' f
9 L1 o' S' j: F- n4 W; g9 lWhile there still are undecided votes to woo in battleground states, the final days are also when a candidate wants to tell people they are making the right decision.  In other words, decided voters: don't go wobbly on me.
! l* d: g: F* q2 q1 L$ F1 M) J9 ~& ]- S4 K3 S
Obama opened the 30-minute segment, played on three broadcast networks and three cables, looking presidential in front of a large desk in a setting that copied the Oval Office.  Windows were behind him and an American flag to the side.  The idea: look presidential.  He did.  He also looked comfortable in the setting.
% g5 S! }3 J/ A8 n
0 F5 x  y1 S7 f% o- gThe commercial ended by going to what has become the hallmark of his campaign -- a huge rally -- this one in Florida where he is trying to woo undecided voters.
0 t# ]4 d# I2 R; V5 J
; B3 c9 h5 Z* l& K7 K0 [' g6 E( D "In six days, we can choose an economy that rewards work and creates new jobs and fuels our prosperity, starting with the middle class," he said.  Recalling a theme from the 2004 Democratic convention speech that launched him as a national political figure, Obama said: "In six days we can come together as one nation and one people, and once more choose our better history."! n6 S, w$ Y$ J

* a$ K6 ~% I& n* YIn between the faux Oval and the rally appearance by Obama were segments with average but economically-struggling families in swing states such as Ohio and Missouri. The 30-minute ad also included testimonials from supporters such as Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson.+ \! O; O# M1 L* g" f

, Z+ m5 H- D9 eThe ad was slick and well produced, with enough stories and visuals to keep the viewer.  It wasn't Ross Perot with a chart and pointer.  It gave Obama an opportunity to zero in on the important messages of his campaign -- education, health care, jobs and a unified nation.& i, |, m6 F/ E& J# m8 D  z  }! b  s

) |  ~3 A0 r2 _( @John McCain, his opponent, called it a "gauzy, feel-good commercial."  It was that, with poignant moments, including a story about his mother.   McCain also got in a good shot when he said that the commercial was "paid for with broken promises," referring to a pledge Obama made to accept public financing for his campaign. He changed his mind when he became a big fund-raiser.7 ~: b5 V# n$ ~7 i7 d4 k

4 n" b( _7 `2 N& h) L9 ^After the commercial aired, McCain-Palin spokesman Tucker Bounds gave the campaign's official response: "As anyone who has bought anything from an infomercial knows, the sales job is always better than the produce. Buyer beware."4 K5 [3 D! [# b3 r( r. D" I- D

) a3 \, `( r3 n( {Critics also accused Obama of over-playing his hand, of going for one last grandiose gesture. They reminded of the Greek columns that decorated his convention acceptance speech setting and attracting a huge crowd of chanting supporters in Germany.  But Obama managed a bit of humility in his rally wrapup.8 X5 z! `9 b) @' V
+ j4 ?  d3 o7 K6 a( i3 r: y
"I'm reminded every single day that I am not a perfect man," he said. "I will not be a perfect president.  But I can promise ;you this: I will always tell you what I think and where I stand. I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you when we disagree. And, most importantly, I will open the doors of government and ask you to be involved in your own democracy again." Americans should hold him to that pledge, if he is elected.
; @. m! d8 F; e! x8 Q5 V2 T0 V
. X5 ^( P9 n2 O! q The race is far from over. But voters got a glimpse of the kind of communicator a President Obama would be.  Dare we say as theatrical and carefully staged as a former great communicator -- Ronald Reagan. While the slickness of his media message no doubt turned off some -- certainly his detractors -- my guess is that it worked, in terms of winning over some undecideds and reinforcing and providing an additional comfort level to people who already were giving him their vote.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-10-30 18:39 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
理袁律师事务所
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-8 16:11 , Processed in 0.207962 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, APC On.